Sony 48MP IMX586 Sensor and Sony 48MP IMX582 CMOS Sensor are the two 48 Megapixel mobile sensor from Sony. Sony IMX 586 is very popular these days. And used by many mobile manufacterer like Oneplus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo etc.
This Sony IMX586 sensor is the industry leading 48 MP sensor. Another sensor named Sony IMX582 recently shown up when Xiaomi Redmi K20 hits in the market!!!
Yes Sony official website does not have any information about Sony IMX582 CMOS sensor. But still Xiaomi claims that Redmi K20 has Sony IMX582 senor. So the real question what is the main difference beween Sony IMX586 and Sony imx582.
Main difference between Sony IMX586 vs Sony IMX582
- Both features are same on both the sensors
- Sony 48MP IMX586 can capture 4K Video at 60fps. May capture even 90 fps. But Sony 48MP IMX582 only able to capture 4K video at 30 fps only. That it!!!!
Latest Mobile Image Sensor From Sony
Top features and Specifications of Sony IMX582 CMOS Sensor:
- 48 MP Camera sensor, 8000 (H) × 6000 (V) 48 megapixels
- Total effective pixel is 48 MP based on image sensor effective pixel specification method.
- World First Ultra- compact Pixel Size of 0.8 μm
- Ability to pack 48 effective megapixels onto a 1/2- type (8.0 mm diagonal) unit. It helps the enhanced imaging on smartphone cameras.
- Frame rate is full 30 fps
Movie supported in Sony 48MP IMX582 CMOS Sensor
4K (4096×2160) upto 30 fps
1080 p upto 240 fps
720 p upto 480 fps
- Image plane phase- difference AF, HDR imaging
- Image output format is Bayer RAW
- The Quad Bayer array enables both high sensitivity and high resolution
- Ability to capture bright, low-noise photos and videos at night
- Four times greater dynamic range than previous products and real time output
Mobile phone using Sony IMX 562 Sensors
- Xiaomi Redmi K20. However Redmi K20 Pro uses Sony IMX 586 sensor